Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday music with my droid...

Today I'm in my studio making jewelry.  I need the getaway now... and I need my music!  So a few apps I use regularly to satisfy my music needs are:
  • Pandora - internet radio that allows you to choose artists you like and bookmark them.  Pandora then plays music similar to the Artist you added to your station listing..  One can rate songs/artists and skip songs too!  
  • Slacker - internet radio which some say has more customization than Pandora.
  • Shazam - song ID, my other favorite since I don't know bands very well.  I can set my phone up to 'tag' a part of a song then Shazam matches it against an online database.  When found it provides a direct link to YouTube, Amazon to buy the song, or the bands MySpace site!
  • iMusic - allows a person to play online music by searching an artist/band.  Via peer-to-peer sharing you can download music.
  • Music Online Lite - is now only available as Music Online for $7.99 and it is just like iMusic.. good stuff!
  • Probably most importantly I went to Motorola.com and downloaded the software for my phone so that I can sync my device and transfer my music, photos, videos, and my contacts to Outlook.
Well that's it people, I need to get back out there.  I'll think of more later... Have a fabulous evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment